Wests Tigers v Manly Sea Eagles
Sunday, August 13, 4pm (AEST) at Leichhardt Oval, Sydney
|Best: Over 42.5 ($1.88)
Other: Manly 1-12 ($3)
The Tigers have been gallant without winning too many over the past month, but the signs are looking good for Ivan Cleary and the Tigers moving forward. The Sea Eagles produced a remarkable comeback win over the Roosters last week after trailing 18-4 and can’t afford a slip up here if they want to stay within the Top 8 with the Panthers and Dragons ready to pounce. The Sea Eagles were tested by the Tigers back in Round 19 before running out 28-16 winners.
The Sea Eagles have won 12 of the last 16 clashes against the Tigers though the Tigers have won the last two and five of the last six at Leichhardt. The Sea Eagles defeated the Tigers 28-16 at Brookvale only a few weeks ago. Sea Eagles winger Matthew Wright crossed for a double in the 12-point win.
The Tigers are 15th on the ladder with a 5-15 record but have tried hard over their last seven games, winning two and conceding 17 or fewer three times. The Tigers are 0-5 at their traditional suburban home grounds in 2017. Manly are seventh on the ladder with a 12-8 record following a 36-18 home win over the Sydney Roosters. That win ended a two-game losing streak where the Eagles conceded 92 points. Manly have conceded at least 16 points in seven straight.
James Tedesco v Tom Trbojevic: Two of the most exciting fullbacks in the game. Not much to say other than sit back and enjoy!
Stats That Matter
– Wests Tigers are 10-10 ATS with a 14-6 under while Manly are 10-10 ATS with an 11-9 over record.
– Manly have won 12 of the last 16 clashes against the Tigers though the Tigers have won the last two and five of the last six at Leichhardt.
– The last six matches have all reached at least 44 total points.
– Wests Tigers have gone under in six straight games while Manly have gone over in their last three.
– Home underdogs of 4.5 or more in the final six rounds of the season are 24-13 ATS while those getting 6.5 are 19-10 ATS.
– The Tigers have covered 5 of their last 7 as an underdog at Leichhardt. T
– The Tigers have covered 9 of their last 12 as an underdog of 4.5 or more points.
– Manly have failed to cover their last four away from Brookvale and have gone over in 7 of their last 8 away from Brookie.
– The Sea Eagles are 7-15 ATS as a favourite away from Brookvale since 2014.
The Wolf loves Sunday football at Leichhardt Oval and is expecting both teams to throw the pill around. The last six matches have all reached at least 44 total points. The Tigers have been grinding away with nothing to show, while the Sea Eagles posted 36 points against the second-placed Roosters last week.
How It’s Shaping Up
Manly by 7
Over 42.5 ($1.88)
Other Recommended Bets
Manly 1-12 ($3)
Have you ever wanted to bet on a market that just isn’t available anywhere? If so, your life is about to change with William Hill’s BuildABet. Complete the form, requesting the market you want and our traders will price the market up for you! We will be in touch once the request is live on our site.