Cronulla Sharks v Manly Sea Eagles
Sunday, June 25, 4pm (AEST), Southern Cross Group Stadium, Sydney
|Best Bet: Manly +4 ($1.91)
Other: Under 36.5 ($1.88)
The Sea Eagles have a very strong against the Sharks and have the advantage of only one Origin representative (Jake Trbojevic). Meanwhile, the Sharks will be sweating on James Maloney, Andrew Fifita, Wade Graham, Jack Bird and Valentine Holmes all getting through Origin 2 unscathed.
The Sea Eagles have won 13 of the last 15 clashes with Cronulla though the Sharks won the last meeting 20-12. Manly have won 7 of the last 9 clashes at Shark Park.
Cronulla were dreadful against the Wests Tigers but pulled out a late 24-20 win after trailing by eight with eight minutes to play. The Sharks are third on the ladder with a 10-4 record. The Sharks have won 9 of their last 11 games but have conceded more than 18 in their last two after doing so just once in the first 13 rounds. The Sharks are 4-4 at Shark Park with all four wins coming by four points or fewer. Manly are inside the Top 8 with their 8-5 record. The Sea Eagles have won three straight and five of their last six. The Eagles have conceded more than 20 in just 1 of their last 6.
Andrew Fifita v Martin Taupau. The clash of these two powerhouses is worth the price of admission alone. Fifita produced one of the greatest Origin performances of all-time in Origin 1 and will need to bring this form back to club level. It’s a big ask on the quick back-up, but it’s time Fifita produced more consistent football as the Sharks look to defend their premiership. Taupau is a tackle-breaking and offloading machine, who along with Fifita is one of the form props of the NRL. He ran for over 200 metres against the Knights and will need another strong performance if the Sea Eagles are to knock off the defending premiers.
Stats That Matter
– Cronulla are 5-9 ATS with a 10-4 under record while Manly are 8-5 ATS with a 7-6 under record.
– Manly have won 13 of the last 15 clashes with Cronulla though the Sharks won the last meeting 20-12.
– Five of the last six matches have tallied 32 points or fewer.
– Manly have won 7 of the last 9 clashes at Shark Park.
– The Sharks are 1-7 ATS at Shark Park this year and are 18-26 ATS overall at the ground since 2014.
– Cronulla have failed to cover their last six at home when favoured by 4 or more.
– The under is 11-7 ATS when favoured by 4 or more at home since 2014.
– Cronulla are 1-10 ATS after scoring 24 or more at Shark Park
– Manly have covered 9 of their last 12 away from Brookvale Oval while they are 16-11 ATS since 2014 when getting 4 or more.
– Manly have covered 6 of 8 away from Brookvale Oval after conceding 14 or fewer.
The Sea Eagles look the play here with the start and also straight up. They only have Jake Trbojevic backing-up from Origin and have a strong recent record against the Sharks, especially at Cronulla.
How It’s Shaping Up
Manly by 4
Manly +4 ($1.91)
Other Recommended Bets
Under 36.5 ($1.88)
Odds as of Tuesday, June 20, 9am
Have you ever wanted to bet on a market that just isn’t available anywhere? If so, your life is about to change with William Hill’s BuildABet. Complete the form, requesting the market you want and our traders will price the market up for you! We will be in touch once the request is live on our site.