|Match Preview||Recommended Bets|
|Manly Sea Eagles v Wests Tigers
Sunday, April 15, 4:10pm (AEST)
|Best: Manly -3.5 ($1.87)
Value: Manly 1-12 ($2.90)
First Tryscorer: Dylan Walker ($13)
The Sea Eagles have loved playing at home this season and will get their chance to bounce back this week when they host the giant-killing Tigers. Manly have received a massive boost with sensational fullback Tom Trbojevic set to make his return after missing last week’s match against the Titans. What can you say about the Tigers? They’ve defeated the Storm twice already this season and find themselves in the Top after being one of the favourites for the wooden spoon. Josh Reynolds will play his first match in a Tigers jersey, while David Nofoaluma has received a recall to first grade at the expense of Tui Lolohea, with Corey Thompson moving to fullback. The loss of Russell Packer is a blow for the Tigers and it will be the consistent Alex Twal moving into the starting side.
Manly are eighth on the ladder with a 2-3 record. They have the second best attack in the premiership but rank ninth in defence. The Sea Eagles have won both their clashes at Brookvale this year, averaging 41ppg at the ground. The Tigers have been astonishing this year on their way to a 4-1 record, beating the Storm twice and the Roosters. The Tigers have conceded 10 points or fewer in four of their five matches.
Daly Cherry-Evans v Luke Brooks: DCE what one of Manly’s best in a beaten side last week and will enjoy the return to Brookvale where the Sea Eagles are undefeated this season and have dominated the Tigers in recent times. It looks like Cherry-Evans is one of the front-runners for the QLD No.7 jersey and will want another strong performance here. Has the penny finally dropped for Tigers half Luke Brooks? He was excellent in last week’s win over the Storm, making two line-breaks and setting up a try for Chris Lawrence. He is at his best when he runs the ball and showed that against the Storm. Run, Luke, run!
Stats That Matter
– Manly are 2-3 ATS with a 3-2 over number while the Wests Tigers are 5-0 ATS with a 4-1 under number.
– Manly have won six of the last nine against the Wests Tigers and have won eight straight against the Tigers at Brookvale with the last five being by double figures.
– The last seven matches between the teams have all topped 48 points.
– Manly have covered four straight and six of their last eight at Brookvale.
– Their last four wins and covers at the ground have been by margins of 16-plus.
– The over has hit in 9 of the last 15 Brookvale day games.
– The over is 13-3 at Brookvale since 2015 when Manly enter off a loss.
– The Tigers have covered 9 of their last 11 as an underdog though just 1 of their last 7 as an underdog of less than a converted try.
– The Tigers have gone under in six straight day games.
– The Tigers are 3-7 ATS after scoring 14 or fewer.
The Wolf thinks this is a good spot for the Sea Eagles despite the Tigers giant-killing run. The statistics don’t lie! Manly have won six of the last nine against Wests and have won eight straight against the Tigers at Brookvale with the last five being by double figures. Sea Eagles to cover.
How It’s Shaping Up
Manly by 7