|NRL Preview||NRL Tips|
|Gold Coast Titans v Sydney Roosters
Sunday, July 15, 6:30pm
Cbus Super Stadium, Gold Coast
|Best: Gold Coast +8.5 ($1.91)
Value: HT/NT Double – Gold Coast/Sydney ($7.50)
First Tryscorer: Ryan James ($41)
The Titans were extremely disappointing against the Broncos last week, but should welcome back Jarrod Wallace and Jai Arrow from Maroons duty which is sure to stiffen their defence. The Roosters have decided to rest Boyd Cordner after Origin 3, while James Tedesco and Latrell Mitchell should back up.
Gold Coast are 11th on the ladder with a 6-10 record. The Titans rank 11th in scoring while they are a lowly 15th in defence. The Titans have won just 3 of their last 11 and are coming off a home 34-0 loss. The Sydney Roosters are fifth on the ladder with a 10-6 record. They are the top defensive team in the NRL while they rank sixth in scoring. The Roosters have won 4 of their last 5 and have conceded 16 or fewer in their last five.
Stats That Matter
– Gold Coast are 9-7 ATS with a 9-7 over record while the Sydney Roosters are 9-7 ATS with a 10-6 under record.
– The Roosters have covered 4 of their last 5.
– The Roosters have won three straight and five of the last six against the Titans.
– The Roosters have just two all-time wins against the Titans 14 wins or above.
– Five of the last eight matches have topped 44 points.
– Home underdogs of 8 or more are 61-39 ATS since 2011 with those off scoring single digits 15-8 ATS.
– The Titans are 9-1 ATS as a home underdog of 8.5 or more.
– Gold Coast are 10-5 ATS at home after scoring 14 or fewer and 8-4 ATS at home after conceding 30 or more.
– The Roosters are 11-16 ATS as a road favourite including a 6-8 ATS record as a road favourite of more than 6.5.
– Road favourites of 6.5 or more off a loss are 10-18 ATS since 2015 and 26-53 ATS since 2008.
The Wolf was all over the Titans last week against the Broncos and was left with egg over his face. He’s prepared to back them with the +8.5 start here, especially if Arrow and Wallace take their spots in the Titans line-up. The Titans are 9-1 ATS as a home underdog of 8.5 or more, and you can bet that Garth Brennan has focussed on defence this week after they leaked 34 unanswered points against the Broncos last week. They’ll be fast out of the blocks, but the class of the Roosters should prevail at the end of 80 minutes.
How It Shapes Up
Sydney by 4