|NRL Preview||NRL Tips|
|St George Illawarra Dragons v Wests Tigers
Sunday, July 15, 4:10pm
Jubilee Oval, Sydney
|Best: Under 41.5 ($1.91)
Value: St George Illawarra 1-12 ($3)
First Tryscorer: Nene MacDonald ($9)
The Dragons have named their five Origin stars to back up here, but late team news will need to be monitored in the lead-up to Sunday’s clash against the Tigers. Meanwhile, the Tigers have fallen off a cliff after their fast start to the season and have had an unhappy time against the Dragons of late, especially at Kogarah.
St George Illawarra have fallen to second on the ladder. They have a 12-4 record. They have the second best attack while they rank sixth in defence. The Dragons have won 3 of their last 4 but have conceded 16 or more in 6 of their last 7. The Wests Tigers are 10th on the ladder with a 7-9 record. They rank 15th in scoring while their defence has dropped to seventh.
Stats That Matter
– St George Illawarra are 8-8 ATS with an 11-5 under record.
– They have covered just 1 of their last 7.
– Wests Tigers are 8-8 ATS with a 10-6 under number.
– They have failed to cover their last four.
– The Dragons have won 5 of the last 7 against the Tigers.
– The Saints are 5-1 all-time v the Tigers at Kogarah.
– Four of the last five matches have failed to top 37 points.
– The Tigers have lost their last four and 8 of their last 10.
– They have conceded an average of 34ppg in their last three.
– The Dragons are 12-4 ATS with a 10-6 over record at Kogarah.
– When favoured by more than a converted try at the ground, they are 3-3 ATS with a 5-1 over number.
– At their two suburban home grounds, the Dragons are 22-10 ATS with a 16-16 total record.
– In night/twilight games at their suburban home grounds, they are 14-7 ATS with a 14-7 under number.
– The Dragons are 8-13 ATS as a favourite of 6.5 or more since 2013.
– The under is 16-9 when the Dragons are favoured off a win.
– The Tigers are 13-4 ATS in their last 17 when getting a start of 6.5 or more.
– The under is 14-4 when the Tigers are getting a start of 6.5 or more.
– The Tigers have covered 11 of their last 16 after conceding 30 or more.
– The Tigers are 13-8 ATS after losing by 13 or more.
The Wolf is backing the unders here in the hope that the Tigers can rediscover the defence that they showed earlier in the season. Four of the last five matches between the Dragons and Tigers have failed to top 37 points, while the under is 14-4 when the Tigers are getting a start of 6.5 or more.
How It Shapes Up
St George Illawarra by 10