NRL Stats Watch: 8 Prelim Facts
- Recent prelims have been blowouts with 8 of the last 9 decided by margins of 10-plus.
- Favourites have won 12 of the last 16 prelims, covering 11 of them.
- A team has scored 30 points in 7 of the 8 preliminary finals since 2012.
- High-scoring prelims have been common with 8 of the last 9 topping 40 points.
- Canberra last played in a preliminary final in the 1997 Super League season – and last played in a full competition prelim in 1994.
- Melbourne have made 8 preliminary finals in the last 11 seasons.
- Cronulla have not won a full competition preliminary final since 1978.
- North Queensland are 1-2 in Sydney preliminary finals.