|Western Bulldogs v GWS
Friday 7:50pm at Etihad Stadium
|Best: Western Bulldogs +4.5 ($1.91)
Prop: Lachie Hunter 100+ Fantasy Points ($2.10)
The Bulldogs are back inside the Top 8 but will be up against it staying in against a GWS outfit coming off one of their better performances of the year.
The Western Bulldogs are riding their longest winning streak of the year, having won four straight. Those four wins have all come against teams eighth or worse with three against bottom four sides. The Bulldogs are up to seventh on the ladder with their 11-8 record. The Bulldogs have posted 100-plus in three straight.
Greater Western Sydney are second on the ladder with a 12-5-2 record. They have won their last two against Fremantle and Melbourne after winning just one of their previous six games. GWS have conceded 86 points or fewer in six of their last eight. The Giants rank fifth in both scoring and defence.
Stats That Matter
– The Bulldogs have covered 3 of the last 4 against the Giants.
– The under has hit in 5 of the 8 meetings between the Bulldogs and Giants.
– The Bulldogs have covered just 4 of their last 15 at Etihad.
– The Bulldogs have covered 9 of their last 11 at Etihad as an underdog.
– The under is 10-2 at night at Etihad when the Bulldogs are underdogs.
– The Giants are 6-10 ATS at Etihad.
– GWS are 13-16 ATS as an interstate favourite with a 19-10 under number.
– Non-interstate underdogs off scoring 100 cover at 56 per cent.
2017 Line: Western Bulldogs 7-12, GWS 7-12
2017 Over-Under: Western Bulldogs 7-12, GWS 11-8
What To Expect
Super keen on the Bulldogs in this one despite the step up in class. The Bulldogs needed a few kills of late and have had them. GWS sit second on the ladder but are an overrated proposition. The Bulldogs play well as an underdog at Etihad and non-interstate underdogs off 100 points cover at 56 per cent.
How It’s Shaping Up
Western Bulldogs by 11
Western Bulldogs +4.5 ($1.91)
Lachie Hunter has posted 100 points in three straight and five of his last seven. He thrives when the Dogs do and the Bulldogs will go well here.
Lachie Hunter 100+ Fantasy Points ($2.10)
The Wolf’s AFL Tips: Round 21
Have you ever wanted to bet on a market that just isn’t available anywhere? If so, your life is about to change with William Hill’s BuildABet. Complete the form, requesting the market you want and our traders will price the market up for you! We will be in touch once the request is live on our site.