|Port Adelaide v West Coast
Saturday 7:50pm at Adelaide Oval
|Best: Under 171.5 ($1.90)
Prop: Chad Wingard 30+ Disposals ($4.25)
Survival is on the line when Port Adelaide host West Coast in the last finals game of the opening week of the playoffs.
Port Adelaide finished the season fifth on the ladder with a 14-8 record despite ranking second in both scoring and defence. The Power have won three straight and eight of their last 11 to finish off the season. Port have conceded 81 or fewer in eight of their last 11 games and enter this off the best defensive performance of the season, conceding just 20 against Gold Coast.
West Coast needed a win over minor premiers Adelaide to fall into eight spot on the ladder. They have not, however, won two straight since Rounds 7-8. The Eagles have topped 100 points in three of their last five and have conceded fewer than 83 points in five of their last seven. West Coast have won just one of their last six away from Subiaco.
Stats That Matter
– Port Adelaide have lost 6 of the last 9 against West Coast.
– Six of the last seven Port-West Coast clashes have gone under the total.
– Port are 31-18 under at Adelaide Oval.
– Port are just 6-6 ATS at Adelaide Oval when favoured by fewer than three goals.
– West Coast have covered 4 of their last 6 at the Adelaide Oval.
– West Coast have covered just 3 of their last 9 interstate games.
– West Coast have covered just 3 of their last 13 interstate after posting 100.
– Port are 11-4 under at home after conceding 60 or fewer.
– West Coast have gone under in 23 of their last 32 night games.
2017 Line: Port Adelaide 13-9, West Coast 10-12
2017 Over-Under: Port Adelaide 9-13, West Coast 9-13
What To Expect
The under in this one is the best of the first week of the finals. There are some huge under angles at play in this one. There is a long history of under clashes between the two teams. Port are a big under side at the Adelaide Oval. West Coast are a huge under side at night. The under is a chips-in play.
How It’s Shaping Up
Port Adelaide by 19
Under 171.5 ($1.90)
Chad Wingard has hit 30-plus disposals in three of his last seven and had 34 touches when he played the Eagles earlier in the season.
Chad Wingard 30+ Disposals ($4.25)
The Wolf’s AFL Tips: Finals Week 1
More Racing and Sports Tips
Have you ever wanted to bet on a market that just isn’t available anywhere? If so, your life is about to change with William Hill’s BuildABet. Complete the form, requesting the market you want and our traders will price the market up for you! We will be in touch once the request is live on our site.